16 March 2012

Product Reviews: Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer

Description: A light, alcohol-free, conditioning hydrating gel. Stops Frizz, Adds Shine, Shapes, and seals in curls, leave-in conditioning, no build up. Dries soft and adds shine with no flaking. 


Directions: Apply after Clean-N-Curly shampoo. Use on wet hair to set in curls. Avoid combing/fingering through hair for at least 10-15 minutes to help seal in curls and prevent frizz. Also holds hair in place for ponytails, pinups, twist outs, etc. 

Smell: Light, crisp linen 

Ingredients: Soft water (Aqua), glycerine, polyquaternium 10 and peg 14, polyquaternium 37, dmdm hydantoin, yarrow extract (achilea millefolium), jua extract (zizyphus Joazerio bark), lemon extract (citrus medic limonuim fruit), wild mint extract (mentha avensis leaf), Soap bark extract (quillaja sapponaria bark), polysorbae 20, fragrance 

a. Glycerine- conditioning agent and humectant
b. PEG 14 -a Humectant   
c. polyquaternium 10 -for sheen, body
d. DMDM Hydantoin- an antimicrobial agent 
e. achilea millefolium - extract to enhance the appearance of dry, damaged hair 

Product Rating: A 
Price Range: $6.99-$9.99 

Review: 
PROS: This stuff is awesome! I'm some what of a product junkie, so I buy things and forget about them. I found a jar of this in my bathroom cabinet. I used it for a wash and go. My hair curls were defined extremely well. My hair was soft and moisturized. I also used it to slick my hair on the sides for a Faux hawk look. I loved the way it made my hair feel and I love the scent. Great for a sunny day. 
CONS: It's not good for a long-lasting style. It's more for a quick style and go, unless you plan on doing a twist out with it. I have not done a twist out with this product yet. Another con is if you don't live in a humid environment with an adequate dew point, the humectants used in the product may not be useful to your hair. The polyquaternium's used for smoothness, sheen, and body can also be a little filmy. It's suggested to use a good clarifying shampoo to actually remove the product from the hair. 

I'll post pictures of my results soon. Stay posted.