17 March 2012

Product Review: Renpure Organics :My Pretty Hair Is Parched Moisturizing Conditioner

Renpure Organics - My Pretty Hair is Parched!  Moisturizing Conditioner - 13.5 fl oz
RENPURE ORGANICS: My Pretty Hair is Parched
Moisturizing Conditioner 

Description: Made with 100% certified organic extracts and safe, fresh, natural ingredients. Color Safe Formula. Silk Protein, Pomergrante, & Olive Leaf Extract. No Sulfates, Parabens, Colors, or Dyes.
This formula contains Hydrolyzed Soy Protein which provides light weight conditioning. Green Tea and Chamomile elements help improve elasticity, body and shine by smoothing and sealing the cuticle layer.

Amount: 13.5 fl.oz. 400ml 
Average Price: $6.99 

Directions
After shampooing, apply conditioner generously to hair and work through ends. Wait 2-3 minutes and rinse hair thoroughly. 

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, (*Canola Oil), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (*Canola Oil), Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (Certified Organic), Hydrolyzed Silk PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol Crosspolymer, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract (Certified Organic), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate (*Palm Oil), PEG-100 Stearate, Myristic Acid (*Palm Oil), Palmitic Acid (*Palm Oil), Stearic Acid (*Vegetable Oil), Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance. (*Derived Source)

Top Five breakdown
a. Water: natural moisturizer, solvent, and emulsion
b. cetearyl alcohol: fatty alcohol, waxy, clear liquid used to keep emulsion from separating into the oils and also to alter the thickness of a product 
c. Canola Oil: used as a conditioner, provides protein and smooths the hair's cuticles
d. Behentrimonium Methosulfate (BMS): made from derived canola oil, mild detangler, hair conditioning agent
e. Cetrimonium Chloride: cleansing agent, helps to form emulsions 

Review: 
I first stumbled across this conditioner towards the end of last year. It was some time around September or October. When I used it, I loved how soft it made my hair feel and how defined my curls looked. I got it for a steal because it was a "last chance" item at CVS. When I purchased it, it was a regular $9.99 priced item, but it was on sale for $2.99. Awesome! I also purchased some other "Last chance" products from the same company that day. Those products included: Renpure Organics: My Pretty Hair is Parched! Moisturizing Shampoo, Renpure Organics Color Protecting Moisturizing Conditioner, Renpure Organics Color Protecting Deep-Deep-Deep Conditioner  (which I absolutely love!). I got all of the other products for no more than $2.99 each. What a great deal!  I will also do a review of the other products listed.  I use this conditioner everytime I co-wash my hair. It is great for co-washing. It mildly cleanses my hair, while providing the moisture my colored hair needs. It also has a great scent. When I really need to remove build-up from my hair, I will use both the shampoo and the conditioner together. Soon I will be including the PH level of each product once I get the strips needed to test them. 




If you have tried this product, leave your opinion of what you thought of it. After all, everything works differently on everyone's hair. As far as my hair type, I do not really now. It is a mixture. In the back its a bit of 3C, and towards the front it is wavy and a bit of 4A. 

There's also some information about this product on NaturallyCurly.com